CDL A DRIVERS
CDL A Driver
Lady Lake, Leesburg, Mount Dora, and Wildwood
About RoMac Building Supply
RoMac is more than a Building Supply Company. We’re a locally-owned business with strong ties to our community. Since 1945, we’ve been serving contractors, remodelers, and serious DIYers in Central Florida with the highest quality building materials for their projects.
Do you want to hit the open road and make a difference? RoMac Building Supply is looking for an experienced CDL Driver to transport building supplies from our yards to construction sites throughout Central Florida. As one of our drivers, you will have the opportunity to deliver the materials that will build someone’s future home or business. Join our team of premier residential and commercial building supply experts in shaping our community.
- Perform safety checks on vehicle for mechanical items prior to each leg of the journey to ensure road readiness.
- Follow and maintain loading procedures, using straps and binders to secure cargo and re-checking their roadworthiness.
- Inspect trailers before and after loading, paying attention to the status of air lines and jack positions and adjusting them as necessary.
- Ability to load and unload trucks; carry at least 75 pounds.
- Adhere to traffic safety regulations at all times, exercise caution in treacherous circumstances, and report unsafe vehicle or road conditions to supervisors and highway authorities.
- Use GPS to stay informed of route information, and communicate with supervisors about road conditions and potential delays.
- Maintain maintenance and driver log before and after each trip.
Required Experience and Skills
- Proven work experience as a CDL truck driver, able to drive a manual transmission.
- Hands-on experience with electronic equipment such as GPS.
- Ability to drive long hours.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations, such as traffic, weather conditions, etc.
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment references.
- Valid truck driver’s license with a verifiable safe driving record.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Knowledge of lumber and building supplies helpful.
One of the many benefits of working for RoMac Building Supply is that you will be home every night instead of on the road.
- Home Nightly
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Company Paid Short/Long-Term Disability
- Vacation Days, Personal Days & Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement
RoMac Building Supply is an Equal opportunity employment (EOE) company.